Are Mission Statements Still Relevant?
I recently read an article about Mission / Vision Statements and whether they’re still relevant to modern business. The article discussed whether your company’s mission, vision and values influence how you actually do your work every day? It got me thinking that I haven’t read my company statement lately and when I did read it, I was pleased to see it’s still very relevant to the way we “do” business.
It’s easy to dismiss the real value of mission statements. After all, most companies have one, and they all say the right things about management’s concern for customers and employees etc. But in the daily grind to meet business targets and respond to competitors within our industry, it’s easy to get bogged down and forget to check in with what we do best.
I’ve included the HH Real Estate statement below. It was written about 18 years ago when Peter first came into the company. When we became a part of this business and then sole owners, of course one of our main goals was to have a successful business. But, we also understood that we wanted to be completely immersed in our town; after all we were raising our kids here and we wanted to be a part of this fabulous community. It was important that we could operate within an emotional industry with integrity. I’m proud to say our statements are is still relevant today.
At Hutchinson and Harlow Real Estate we aim to give our clients a specialised real estate experience, providing state-of-the-art professional services to vendors and buyers that creates maximum benefit and personal satisfaction in a lifetime relationship.
Hutchinson and Harlow Real Estate will be the region’s premier real estate firm, specialising in residential property sales.
The firm will dominate the Armidale market and excel in every facet of its operation including; client satisfaction, operating systems, team development and profitability.
We will achieve this by:
- Excelling and being consistent in everything we do.
- Being motivated and spreading our enthusiasm.
- Making trust, quality and integrity hallmarks of the way we do business.
- Seeking always to be innovative and seeking continual improvements.
All staff of Hutchinson and Harlow Real Estate will adhere to the following principles:
- The needs and welfare of our clients will be the uppermost concern of everyone who works in the business.
- The service we provide will be unbiased and impartial, available to all people regardless of their race, culture or social background.
- The business and everyone involved in it will operate in a socially responsible and ethically sound way with honesty and integrity underpinning all our actions.
- The workplace environment will be one of respect for others, based on teamwork while encouraging and fostering the personal development of the individual.
- We aim to find solutions in an innovative team environment.
- All communication will be open, effective and non-judgmental.
- Our people will work in a safe and healthy environment.
- We will respect our surroundings and will be environmentally responsible.
- We will abide by and comply with the laws of the nation and fulfill all our statutory obligations
Opinions are those of Meg Georkas and may not reflect those of others.
High Quality & Exceptional Service!
Peter, Ali and the team at Hutchinson & Harlow were excellent to work with. We were provided with outstanding level of professionalism and service. Hutchinson and Harlow have a good understanding of the real estate market in Armidale and surrounding regions. Their sales and marketing approach was fantastic, attracting a lot of interest and providing us with a sale at the right price quickly. Ali was brilliant to deal with. She kept us will informed, catered to our needs and made selling the house a seamless experience.
- Leah Cook (Vendor)
Reliable and Honest Agent
Peter Georkas was honest, upfront and he and his team were friendly and efficient. Selling a property is a big decision and I felt supported and included in the process at every step of the way. Peter is a warm agent who acts with integrity. I would highly recommend him and his team.
- Zeva (Vendor)
For many years we have bought and sold with Peter and the HH team..we wouldn’t consider using anyone else..
The service is professional, yet friendly..at all stages of the buying and selling processes the clients are kept up to date...
All members of the team are delightful, friendly and helpful..
We can confidently state that the HH team will be the right choice for you..
Don’t waste your time shopping around-go straight to the professional team with years of experience...you’ll be glad that you did!!
- Justin & Vanessa (Vendor)
Ali sold my investment property
Ali sold my investment property in April 2018. I would recommend Ali from H&H. H&H held regular open houses and were following up with all enquiries on the home.